- To contribute for biodiversity and conservation of forest, agriculture and watershed systems
- To contribute for economic development of resource poor and marginal farmers through forest and agro based enterprise development
- To promote climate farming and carbon trading through public-private and community partnerships
- To contribute for knowledge products development and their effective dissemination in the field of agriculture, forestry, soil and water conservation, climate change and environment
- To provide policy support to the government agencies and run advocacy programme for the well being of socially and economically disadvantaged groups like poor households, women, Dalits, Janjatis, Madhesis and religious minorities.