Dr.Bishnu Hari Pandit
Advisor, Nepal Agroforestry Foundation
Chairperson, Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL)
Chief, Ithaka Institute for Climate Farming Nepal
Skills and Expertise:
Rural development and Watershed Management
Agroforestry research and development
Climate change adaptation and mitigation
Natural Resources Management
Value chain and green entrepreneurship
Project design and management
- Pandit BH, Nuberg, Shrestha KK, Cedamon E, Amatya SM, Dhakal1 B, Schmidt HP (2020) Revitalising Agrarian Economies: The Use of Biochar on Banana-based Agroforestry System in Nepal’s hills. Journal of Forest and Livelihoods, 19 (1) 18-31.
- Pandit, B.H., Chapagain, R., Cedamon, E., Paudel, N.S., Pokhrel, D.C. and Nuberg, I. (2020), Choosing best practice nursery: A way forward for a successful plantation project, Research Paper Series on Agroforestry and Community Forestry in Nepal, 2020-01:1-31.
- Pandit BH (2019) Forest Gardening on Abandoned Agricultural Land Contribute to Ground Cover Change and Food Security. Journal of Forest and Livelihood 18 (1) 54-65.
- P Pandit, B Baniya, E Cedamon, I Nuberg, BH Pandit (2019), Rapid Private Forests Owners Survey in Kavre and Sindhupalchok Districts of Nepal, Research Paper Series on Improved Forest Management in Nepal, 2019-01:1-26.
- Pandit BH, Nuberg I, Shrestha KK, Cedamon E, Amatya SM, Dhakal B, Neupane RP (2018), Impacts of market-oriented agroforestry on farm income and food security: insights from Kavre and Lamjung districts of Nepal. Agroforest Syst. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10457-018-0273-z.
- Pandit, BH, Michaelis FL, Pandit, NR and Aryal NK (2016), Strengthening local capacity for conserving medicinal plants and improving livelihoods through domestication and integration of LBSAPs, in book Satoyama Initiative review-II- Mainstreaming concepts and approaches of socio-ecological production landscapes and seascapes into policy and decision-making pp 85-95.
- Pandit, BH., Shrestha, KK. Bhattarai, SS. 2015. Sustainable local livelihoods through enhancing agroforestry systems in Nepal. Journal of Forest and Livelihoods12 (1): 35-51.
- Pandit, BH. Neupane, RP. Sitaula, BK. Bajracharya, RM. 2013. Contribution of Small-Scale Agroforestry Systems to Carbon Pools and Fluxes: A Case Study from Middle Hills of Nepal. Small Scale Forestry, 12 (3): 475-487..
- Pandit, BH and Kumar, C. 2010. Factors Influencing the Integration of Non-Timber Forest Products into Field Crop Cultivation: A Case Study from Eastern Nepal. Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 19 (6): 671-695.
- Pandit, BH; Adrian, A; Kumar, C. 2009. Community based forest enterprises in Nepal: An analysis of their role in increasing income benefits to the poor. Small Scale Forestry, 8 (4): pp 447-463.
- Pandit, B.H. and Thapa, G.B. 2004. Poverty and Resource Degradation in the Mountains of Nepal. Society and Natural Resources, 17:1-16.
- Pandit, B.H. and Thapa, G.B. 2003. A tragedy of non-timber forest resources in the mountain commons of Nepal, Environment Conservation, 30 (3) 283-292.